In this post we show how to add sub collection in Shopify store. We explain two different methods to add sub collection to your Shopify website. The two different methods are as follow:
First method - Add sub-collections through the "Collections" section of your Shopify.
Second method - Add sub collections in Shopify through navigation settings.
Let’s discuss one by one.
# First Method
To add a sub collection in Shopify, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel and go to the "Collections" section under the “Product”.
- Click on the "Create Collection" button to create a new collection.
- Fill in the details for the collection, such as its title, handle, and description.
- Select the "Manual" option under "Collection Type".
- Under "Conditions", click on "Add condition" and select "Product tag" from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the tag that you want to use to group products in the sub collection.
- Click on "Save" to create the sub collection.
- Go to the "Products" section and edit the products that you want to add to the sub collection.
- Add the tag that you used in step 6 to the products.
- Repeat steps 6-9 for each sub collection you want to add.
- Once you have added the products to the sub collection, you can go to the "Collections" section and view your sub collections by clicking on the "Filter" button, then select the tag you used for the sub collection.
Note: If you want to add a sub collection with a specific sort order, you can do so by editing the collection, then under "Sort order" select "Manual" and drag and drop the products in the desired order.
# Second Method
Add sub collections in Shopify through navigation settings:
To add sub collections in Shopify through navigation settings, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
- Go to the "Online Store" section and select "Navigation".
- Find the collection that you want to add a sub-collection to and click on the "Edit Menu" button.
- Click on the "Add menu item" button to create a new sub-collection.
- In the "Link" field, select "Collection" and then choose the sub-collection you want to add.
- Enter the name you want to use for the sub-collection in the "Name" field.
- Click "Save".
A collection page allows customers to easily browse and filter products by category, making it easier to find what they're looking for. After going through this guide, you can create a sub-collection on your Shopify store. But, still, if you are facing any issues, contact our Shopify expert; we are a Shopify website design and development company working for the growth of Shopify ecommerce businesses.