You are a Shopify business owner and want to change or update some code, functionality, products or other elements of your existing store. Be sure that you don't break your shop accidentally.
We all know prevention is better than cure, so create a clone of your Shopify store before updating anything or make any Shopify website design and development related changes.
Why do we need to create a duplicate Shopify store?
Some other reasons you need to create a duplicate Shopify store are:
- Testing: Creating a duplicate store can be useful for testing out new design changes or features before implementing them on the main store. This way, you can see how the changes will look and work without affecting the live store.
- Separation of concerns: Depending on the size and complexity of the store, it might be helpful to create separate stores for different parts of the business. For example, you could create a separate store for wholesale orders or a different product line.
- Localization: If you sell products to customers in different countries, you should create separate stores for each country, with different languages and currencies. This can make it easier for customers to shop on your site and improve the overall shopping experience.
- Backup: A duplicate store can also be a backup if something goes wrong with the main store. If the main store experiences technical issues or is hacked, you can switch to the duplicate store while you work on fixing the problem.
- Branding: You can sometimes create a duplicate store with a different branding or look and feel. This can be useful if you want to target a different audience or if you want to test out different branding strategies.
- Expansion: If your business grows quickly, you might need to create additional stores to handle the increased demand. This can be more efficient to scale the business than adding more products or features to a single store.
There are a few different ways to duplicate a Shopify store:
- Use a Shopify app such as "Duplicate Store": This app allows you to clone your store, including products, collections, pages, and theme settings, to a new Shopify store.
- Export and import your store's data: You can use Shopify's export and import tools to export your store's data as a CSV file, and then import that data into a new store.
- Use a Shopify Partner: Shopify Partners are experts in building and managing Shopify stores. They can help you create a duplicate of your store, either by using one of the methods mentioned above or by using their own custom solutions.
So contact us for a free consultation if you are looking to hire a Shopify website designer or developer who can create your Shopify store clone hassle-free.