Free shipping is an important element of your ecommerce strategy. It's a way to attract customers and keep them returning for more. Still, it also helps strengthen customer loyalty by making the experience easier and less stressful on the customer's end.
Free Shipping Statistics You Must Know As Ecommerce Business Owner
- 90% of buyers prefer to buy products from websites offering free shipping.
- 24% of buyers love to spend more if they get free shipping.
- 71% of products sold on eBay include free shipping.
- Free shipping influences 75% of global consumers' purchasing.
Benefits of Offering Free Shipping
Offering free shipping can be a powerful marketing tool for e-commerce businesses, as it can help to attract customers and increase sales. Here are some benefits of offering free shipping:
- Increased customer satisfaction: Customers tend to be more satisfied when they don't have to pay for shipping, as it helps to reduce the overall cost of their purchase.
- Increased sales: Offering free shipping can be an effective way to encourage people to buy more, as they are less likely to be deterred by the cost of shipping. This can help to increase your average order value.
- Improved competitiveness: In a highly competitive market, offering free shipping can help your business stand out and make it more attractive to potential customers.
- Increased customer loyalty: Customers who have a positive experience with your business, including free shipping, are more likely to return in the future and recommend your business to others.
- Improved brand image: Offering free shipping can help to improve your business's brand image and make it more appealing to customers. It can also help to differentiate your business from competitors who charge for shipping.
To create a free shipping code for your Shopify store, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Discounts" page in your Shopify admin.
- Click on the "Create Discount" button.
- In the "Type" field, select "Free shipping" from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a name for the discount code in the "Code" field. This is the code that your customers will enter at checkout to receive the free shipping.
- Set the "Discount value" to 100%. This will ensure that the shipping cost is fully covered by the discount.
- Optionally, you can set a minimum order value or specify which shipping rates the discount will apply to.
- Click the "Save" button to create the discount code.
Now, when your customers enter the discount code at checkout, they will receive free shipping on their order.
After knowing the statistics and benefits of free shipping, you get the idea of how important free shipping is for e-commerce businesses today. When you follow each step of this tutorial, you can successfully create a Shopify free shipping code. If you are still getting some difficulties, then you can contact our Shopify expert for a free consultation.