Designing a clothing store on Shopify is a process of creating a website that visually represents your brand and makes it easy for customers to find and purchase your products. Shopify website design is easy when you follow the each step in our post.
It involves choosing a visually appealing theme, customizing the design to reflect your brand, adding products and creating product pages, enhancing the user experience, setting up the price, shipping, and payment gateway integration, making the store easy to navigate, and mobile optimized.
With the right design, a clothing store on Shopify can be a powerful tool for reaching customers and growing your business.
Why is Shopify best for eCommerce websites?
Shopify is the most popular and suitable platform to start an online retail business because of the following reasons:
1. Easy to use
Shopify is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it accessible for people with little to no technical experience. It has a simple drag-and-drop website builder and a vast collection of templates and apps that can be used to customize and improve the store's design and functionality.
Shopify is designed to handle stores of all sizes and can easily adapt as your business grows. It offers a variety of pricing plans named Basic, Shopify, and Advanced to fit the needs of small and large businesses.
Shopify provides a secure platform for online transactions with built-in fraud prevention and PCI compliance. This gives customers peace of mind and boosts confidence when making purchases in your store.
4. Payment options
Shopify supports many payment options, including credit cards, PayPal, Shop Pay, and various local payment methods. This makes it easy for customers to purchase products from your store, regardless of their location.
5. Marketing and SEO tools
Shopify offers a variety of marketing and SEO tools to help you promote your store and drive traffic to your website. This can include features like email marketing, social media integration, cross-sales, up-sales, and analytics.
6. Large App store
Shopify has a large app store with a wide range of useful apps for your e-commerce store, for example, email marketing, affiliate marketing, conversion optimization, abandoned cart recovery, analytics, and many more.
7. 24/7 Support
Shopify provides 24/7 support through email, live chat, and phone. This can be especially helpful for new users who may need assistance getting their store up and running.
Statistics You Should Know About Shopify:
- More than one millions of merchants using Shopify.
- Shopify capture 10 percent of ecommerce market in US.
- Over 4.4 million ecommerce sites are built with Shopify. (Source: Builtwith.com.)
- The moderate order value on Shopify is $85. (Source: Littledata.io.)
- Among the thriving Shopify stores, the top 10% have an average conversion rate of 4.7%, with the highest conversion rate seen on Shopify being 8%.
- Over 50 Percent of Shopify websites get Repeat Purchases (Shopify)
- Apparel and Fashion hold 11 percent of the stack among all Shopify stores. (Enlyft)
- Shopify provides a 3D product image feature that can increase conversions by as much as 250 percent (Shopify)
Now jump to the steps to...
Start A Shopify Clothing Store
To start a Shopify clothing store first you need to choose the best theme for your clothing online business.
How to Choose The Best Theme to Start a Shopify Clothing Store
Choose the visual appealing theme for Shopify clothing store
If you want to run a clothing store you should choose Shopify theme that is visual appealing so you can show your products more affectionately and attract user to buy. Some of the other points you keep in mind while choosing the appealing theme.
- It enhances user experience by making it more attractive and easier to navigate.
- Improves the first impression and credibility of the brand.
- Increases the likelihood of visitors staying longer on the site and making a purchase.
- Helps to differentiate the store from competitors and establish a unique brand identity.
- Supports search engine optimization (SEO) efforts.
- Improves mobile responsiveness and overall website performance.
Now you have question in your mind that Which theme you should choose free or paid? Here are the some basic differences between free and paid themes
Difference between free and paid themes
Paid themes generally offer more customization options and flexibility.
Paid themes usually come with dedicated support from the theme developer, while free themes often have limited or no support options.
Paid themes often have advanced features such as sliders, custom product pages, and built-in customization tools, while free themes have fewer features.
Paid themes receive regular updates and bug fixes, while free themes may not receive updates as frequently.
Paid themes often have unique, high-quality designs, while free themes may have limited design options and may not look as professional.
Free themes often display the Shopify logo or have limited branding options, while paid themes allow for complete branding control.
Choosing the most suitable theme for your clothing business is important because it can hectic, and time-consuming when you want to change the theme after going live. So before finalizing any theme check the following tips by our Shopify theme customization experts.
Tips to choose the best theme to set up Shopify clothing store
- Determine your design style: Decide what kind of look and feel you want for your store, and choose a theme that aligns with your vision.
- Consider your target audience: Choose a theme that appeals to your target demographic and supports their shopping experience.
- Mobile responsiveness: Ensure that the theme is mobile-friendly and responsive, as a large portion of online shopping is done on mobile devices.
- Customization options: Look for a theme with customization options to match your branding and make the store unique.
- User experience: Choose a theme that is easy to navigate and provides a smooth shopping experience.
- Performance: Consider the theme's loading speed and overall performance to ensure a good user experience.
- Integration with apps: Make sure the theme is compatible with any additional apps you plan to use to enhance your store's functionality.
- Support and updates: Check the theme's support and update options, and choose a theme from a reputable developer.
Once you have chosen the theme, the next step is to customize the theme. For this you can hire Shopify theme customization services or customize by your own.
Here is the...
Step by Step Guide for Shopify Theme Customization
Follow the steps one by one to customize theme hassle free.
- Install the theme: You have already chosen the theme, now install it in your store.
- Access the Theme Editor: Go to the "Online Store" section of your Shopify admin and click "Themes." Select the theme you want to customize and click "Customize."
- Choose customization options: Use the Theme Editor to choose colors, fonts, and other design elements for your store.
- Preview changes: Preview your changes in the Theme Editor to see how they look before publishing them.
- Publish changes: When you're happy with your customization, click "Publish" to make the changes live on your store.
- Repeat the process: Repeat these steps as needed to further customize your store and improve the user experience.
Note: The specific customization options available will vary based on the theme you have chosen.
After following the above steps you can customize the theme according to your requirements, but if you need a highly professional-looking clothing store you hire a Shopify designer for theme customization.
Shopify Clothing Store Design Inspiration
We list out the best Shopify clothing store designed that inspire you to make your store online.
Sisters Republic is the innerwear Shopify clothing store on a mission to provide the most comfortable, environment-friendly, and sustainable underwear for women during their woman’s periods. They have an appealing, professional, and responsive online store that enhances conversions and generates revenue.
Disclaimer - Designed & Developed by Ecomheroes
Alo Yoga is a clothing and accessories store powered by Shopify. This website is selling clothing for men and women who love yoga. It has a highly appealing and professional-looking website completely user-friendly, responsive, easy to navigate and optimize with CTA buttons.
Store url - https://www.aloyoga.com/
Naja is an undergarments Shopify store run by single mothers and female heads. This website sells an inclusive range of undergarments that suit different skin tones and color. This website is 100% responsive and featured by Shopify itself.
Store url - https://www.naja.co/
Gymshark is the most famous Shopify clothing store you can read about this website in so many blogs. This website is a prefect inspiration for the clothing store. This website use attractive graphics, rotating promotion bar, design and theme.
Store url - https://www.gymshark.com/
Fashion Nova is Los Angeles based fashion brand provide clothing for women, men, and kids. This website is an inspiration on how to maximize conversion rates and build a appealing website.
Store url - https://www.fashionnova.com/
After you successfully customize the theme now time to add products to your Shopify store. Check out the guide to add products to Shopify stores.
Guide To Add Products to Shopify Store
Before adding products to your Shopify clothing store we suggest you optimize the product images and write the product details like titles, descriptions, alt tags, price, and product descriptions in an excel sheet so you can add products more quickly.
Now follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Shopify account and go to the "Products" section of your dashboard.
- Click the "Add product" button to create a new product.
- Enter the product title, description, and price.
- Upload images of the product.
- Choose the product type and vendor.
- Select the product options, such as size and color.
- Assign the product to a collection, or create a new collection if needed.
- Add any additional details, such as product weight or SKU.
- Save the product.
- Repeat the process for each product you want to add to your store.
Note: Some steps may be different for specific themes.
Additional Tips to Optimize Product Pages of Your Shopify Clothing Store
Include multiple images of each product, shot from different angles, and use zoom functionality to show details.
Clear product descriptions
Use descriptive and compelling language to explain the features and benefits of each product.
Size and fit information
Provide size charts and fit information to help customers make informed purchasing decisions.
Encourage customers to leave reviews and ratings of your products to build trust and credibility.
Use videos to showcase the product and demonstrate how it works.
Show related products on each product page to encourage customers to keep shopping.
Add to cart button
Make the add to cart button prominent and easy to find, to reduce friction during the checkout process.
Optimize the page speed to ensure fast and smooth product page loading.
Make sure your product pages are optimized for mobile devices to provide a good user experience for customers shopping on the go.
Offer a product comparison tool to help customers compare different products and make an informed decision.
Wrapping up on how to make Shopify clothing store
After reading the complete article, you will be able to create a ready-to-sell Shopify clothing store. If you face any problem during the store creation process then contact our Shopify developers and designers to get build a highly professional Shopify clothing store.