Using the Shopify platform makes it easy for you to set up a beautiful store. The platform has plenty of features to make your shopping experience easier and more enjoyable for customers. However, some things can slow down your store if you don't pay attention.
Here is all you need to know about Shopify store speed optimization:
How to Optimize Speed of Shopify Store?
There are 10 ways you can optimize the speed of your Shopify store:
- Use a lightweight theme: Choose a theme that is optimized for speed and performance.
- Optimize images: Use tools like TinyPNG to compress your images and reduce their file size.
- Minimize the use of apps: Each app you add to your store can slow it down, so only use the necessary ones.
- Enable lazy loading: Lazy loading delays the loading of images until the user scrolls to them, which can help improve the loading time of your store.
- Optimize your database: Regularly clean and optimize your database to improve the speed of your store.
- Use browser caching: Browser caching allows your store to store static files on a visitor's computer, which can help reduce the loading time on subsequent visits.
- Minimize HTTP requests: Each time visitors load a page on your store, their browser makes an HTTP request. Minimizing these requests can improve the loading time of your store.
- Use a caching app: There are several caching apps available in the Shopify App Store that can help improve the speed of your store.
Why Should You Optimize Shopify Store Speed?
Here are the reasons why you should optimize the speed of your Shopify store:
- Improved user experience: A faster store will provide a better shopping experience for your customers, leading to higher satisfaction and potentially more sales.
- Higher search engine rankings: Search engines, such as Google, use site speed as a ranking factor, so a faster store is more likely to rank higher in search results.
- Increased conversion rate: Studies have shown that faster stores have higher conversion rates, as customers are more likely to complete purchases when the store is fast and responsive.
- Reduced bounce rate: A slow store can cause customers to leave before the page has finished loading, leading to a high bounce rate. A faster store will keep customers on the site longer, potentially leading to more sales.
- Better mobile experience: With more and more people accessing the internet on their smartphones, it is important to have a fast and responsive store on mobile devices.
Overall, optimizing the speed of your Shopify store can help improve the user experience, increase conversions, and drive more sales.
How to Check Shopify Store Speed?
There are a few ways to check the speed of your Shopify store:1. Check through your Shopify admin panel: Login into your Shopify store admin panel and click on the “Online Store” option in the left menu. And you will see store speed store as shown in the image below:
In general, keeping your store's loading times as low as possible is important, as this can improve the user experience and potentially increase sales.
What Affects Shopify Website Speed?
Several factors can affect the speed of a Shopify website. Some of the most common ones include:
- Large or unoptimized images: using large or unoptimized images on your website can significantly slow down the loading time.
- Too many apps: installing too many apps on your Shopify store can slow down the loading time of your website.
- Complex themes: using a complex theme with many features and elements can also slow down the loading time of your website.
- Limited hosting resources: if your hosting plan needs to provide sufficient resources, such as CPU, RAM, and bandwidth, it can affect the speed of your website.
To improve the speed of your Shopify website, you can try optimizing your images, uninstalling unnecessary apps, using a simple and lightweight theme, optimizing your code, and upgrading your hosting plan if necessary.
What is good Shopify store speed?
A good page load time for a Shopify store is under 2 seconds or above 80 on your Shopify store panel. The faster your store loads, the better it will be for your customers and search engine rankings. Google has stated that page speed is a ranking factor for search results, so a faster store can help you rank higher in search results. Additionally, a faster store can lead to better conversion rates, as customers are more likely to stay and browse your store if it loads quickly.
What are the best Shopify speed optimization apps?
There are several apps that you can use to optimize the page speed of your Shopify store. Some of the most popular options include:
Lazy Load by Cloudflare -
This app speeds up the loading time of your store by lazy loading images, videos, and other resources.
Shopify Booster -
This app helps you optimize your store for faster loading times by minifying your code and enabling Gzip compression.
Shopify Speed -
This app helps you improve the loading speed of your store by optimizing your images and serving them through a globally distributed content delivery network (CDN).
This app optimizes your store's loading speed by minifying your code, enabling Gzip compression, and lazy loading images.
AMP for Shopify
This app helps you create accelerated mobile pages (AMP) for your store, which can improve the loading speed of your mobile pages.
There are many other page speed optimization apps available on the Shopify App Store, so consider trying out a few different options to see which one works best for your store.
You are already using the app to optimize your Shopify store page speed. But you still need to get the best result according to the industry; connect to our Shopify expert to get a 100% optimized Shopify store.