Before adding the announcement bar on your e-commerce website, you should know why it is important for your business.
Why do ecommerce business owners should add an announcement bar on their website?
There are several reasons why ecommerce business owners might want to use an announcement bar on their website:
- To announce sales or promotions: An announcement bar is a great way to let visitors know about any sales or promotions that you are currently running. This can help to drive traffic to your site and encourage visitors to make a purchase.
- To highlight important information: An announcement bar can be used to draw attention to important information such as new product releases or updates to your website.
- To improve customer experience: An announcement bar can help to improve the customer experience by providing visitors with important information in a clear and concise way. This can help to reduce the number of questions and queries that you receive, freeing up your time to focus on other tasks.
- To build trust: By using an announcement bar to keep visitors informed about important updates and changes to your website, you can help to build trust and establish your brand as reliable and transparent.
Overall, an announcement bar can be a useful tool for ecommerce business owners looking to improve their website and provide a better experience for their customers.
There are a few ways you can add an announcement bar to your Shopify website:
#1 method to add announcement bar to Shopify store1. Use an app: There are many apps available in the Shopify app store that allow you to easily add an announcement bar to your website. Some popular options include:
- Announcement Bar
- Sticky Bar
#2 method to add announcement bar to Shopify store
- In your Shopify theme, navigate to the "Sections" directory and open the "header.liquid" file.
- Find the section of the file where you want to add the announcement bar, and paste in the following code:
<p>Your announcement goes here!</p>
- Next, add some styling to the announcement bar by adding the following CSS to your theme's "style.scss.liquid" file:
padding: 15px 0;
- Save your changes and refresh your website to see the announcement bar.
#3 method to add announcement bar to Shopify store
3. Use a page builder: If you're using a page builder app (such as Shogun or Gempages), you can usually add an announcement bar using the app's built-in tools. Consult the app's documentation for specific instructions.
Benefits of using an announcement bar on an ecommerce website
Announcement bars are useful features for ecommerce websites as they allow you to communicate important information to your visitors in a prominent and easy-to-see location. Some potential benefits of using an announcement bar on your ecommerce website include:
- Promote sales or discounts: An announcement bar is a great way to promote current sales or discounts to your visitors. This can help drive traffic to your site and increase conversions.
- Communicate important information: Use an announcement bar to communicate important information such as shipping updates, new product releases, or changes to your business.
- Improve navigation: An announcement bar can help improve navigation by providing links to key pages on your site, such as your sales or clearance page.
- Increase brand visibility: An announcement bar can help increase brand visibility by displaying your logo or other branding elements.
- Boost SEO: An announcement bar can be a useful tool for boosting your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts by allowing you to include relevant keywords and phrases in the text.
Final word, an announcement bar can be a useful tool for improving the user experience on your ecommerce website and helping you achieve your business goals.
We are here to help you!
Contact us for a free consultation or check our predefined task if you cannot add an announcement bar to your Shopify store.
Check out the task here:
Add custom promotion top bar to Shopify store