Shopify theme update is easy when you follow the steps below.
Before updating your theme, make sure you do these two things.
- Backup your theme: Before making any changes to your theme, creating a backup is always a good idea. This will allow you to restore your theme to its previous state if something goes wrong.
- Duplicate your theme: To create a backup of your theme, you can duplicate it. This will create a new copy of your theme that you can use to test out any changes you make
Updating a Shopify theme is a straightforward process that you can complete in just a few steps:
- Log in to your Shopify store's admin panel.
- Go to "Online Store > Themes."
- Click the "Actions" button for the theme you want to update, and click "Edit code."
- Make any changes you want to the theme code.
- Click "Save" to save your changes.
- To apply your changes, click "Publish" at the top right corner of the page.
Remember to test your changes before publishing them to ensure they work as expected. If you encounter issues while updating your theme, you can always restore your theme from the backup you created earlier.
Changing your theme can potentially break your store's layout or functionality. It's always a good idea to create a backup of your theme before making any changes. You can do this by clicking the "Duplicate" button under "Actions" for your theme. This will create a copy of your theme that you can use to restore your store if something goes wrong.