Adding video to your Shopify store can help increase sales and boost conversion rates. The power of video is undeniable, making it a great way to add value to your products and increase customer engagement.
Advantages of Adding Product Video to Shopify Product Pages
Here are the benefits of adding product videos to Shopify product pages. Let’s discuss one by one.
Video allows customers to see a product in action and can be more engaging than text and images.
Improved product understanding
Video can provide additional information and demonstrate product features that may not be clear in text or images.
Increased conversion rates
Videos can help build customer trust and credibility, leading to higher conversion rates.
Videos can be optimized for search engines and can help increase visibility and drive more traffic to the website.
Increased social media sharing
Videos can be easily shared on social media platforms, which can help increase brand awareness and drive additional traffic to the website.
Increased customer retention
Videos can help keep customers engaged and on the site for longer, leading to increased customer retention.
Adding videos is cost-effective compared to other forms of marketing, making it a great return on investment.
Complete Guide to Add Product Video to Shopify Product Page
If you've never used video before, here is a step by step guide on how to get started
- Log in to your Shopify admin dashboard.
- Go to the "Products" section and select the product you want to add a video to.
- Scroll down to the "Product Description" section and click the "Show HTML" button to switch to the HTML editor.
- To add a video from YouTube, you can use the following code: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO-ID" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> Replace "VIDEO-ID" with the actual ID of the YouTube video you want to add.
- To add a video from Vimeo, you can use the following code: <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/VIDEO-ID" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe> Replace "VIDEO-ID" with the actual ID of the Vimeo video you want to add.
- To add a video from any other source, you can use the HTML5 <video> tag. For example, <video width="320" height="240" controls> <source src="https://example.com/video.mp4" type="video/mp4"> Your browser does not support the video tag. </video>
- Click "Save" to add the video to the product page.
- Preview the product page to ensure the video is properly embedded and functioning.
Adding videos to the product page is always beneficial for the e-commerce website so as an e-commerce business owner you should focus on creating attractive product videos of each item on your store.. Keep in mind that adding a video to the product page will increase page loading time so add optimized and responsive videos for optimized page loading speed and better conversions. You can also get the help Shopify web designer from Ecomheroes for responsive Shopify website design.